411-A Lee St.
Blacksburg, VA 24060
To have a career in computer engineering research and development, with specific interests including: neural networks, digital computing, robotics, automation, and digital control.
Experience in design of robotics and automation.
- Controlling mechanical systems.
- Designing based on control, electrical, and mechanical considerations.
- Construction of prototypes and end product.
Familiarity with electronic hardware and computer software.
- Design and use of many levels of electronic hardware, including microcontrollers, digital circuitry, and analog circuitry.
- Extensive knowledge of the C and C++ programming languages.
CAVE programming experience.
- Ability to use OpenGL and the NCSA Vanilla Sound Server to create a wide variety of virtual worlds in the CAVE.
- Attended NCSA CAVE programming boot camp.
Experience in leadership and working as a member of a team.
- Leader of a group of 19 electrical engineers.
- Designing and building systems as part of a team.
- Worked as the electrical/computer expert of a diverse engineering team.
- Worked as a member of a team of electrical and computer engineers.
Teaching Assistant, August 1997 - present
Computer Engineering Lab
- Helping students with projects in digital design, microprocessor design, and programming.
- Maintaining Linux network for student use.
Sensing and Controls team member, May 1996 - present
Virginia Tech Autonomous Vehicle Team.
Competed in 4th and 5th Annual Unmanned Ground Robotics Competition.
- First place and third place design competition winners in 1996.
- First place, second place, and honorable mention design competition winners in 1997.
- Leader of electrical engineers on team.
- Specialties include computer vision, path planning, motor control, and obstacle sensing technologies.
Design Engineer, May 1996 - Sept. 1996
Fiber-Conn Assemblies, Inc., Columbia, Maryland.
- Member of team which designed and built a machine to automate a step of fiber-optic cable assembly.
- Worked on control logic, sensors, parts specification, general electronics, mechanical systems design.
Last Updated: December 7, 1997